Saturday, January 19, 2008

There will be no more fishing column in the Flagler/Palm Coast News Tribune. It was not my decision to end the column but that of the Daytona News Journal. They say it was due to budget cuts. They not only fired me but 18 other correspondents. I don’t know what’s going to be left to read in the News Tribune.
I know the column was read by many fishermen and also by people who didn’t fish. If you will miss reading the column I can suggest you do two things: 1-call the news paper and voice your opinion, 2-cancel your subscription to the News Tribune, I know I’m going to. They wouldn’t even let us put in some sort of thank you to the readers in our last column. I guess they were afraid of us voicing our opinions. I will try and keep a weekly report on this web site.
If you have any opinions on what they did I would like to hear them or if you have any fishing questions, you can e-mail me at captrco@cfl.rr.com. I look forward to hearing from all concerned.
I will be a monthly contributor to Florida Outdoors Magazine that can be found in most of the local convenience stores. If I get with any other publication I will post it on this site.
Thanks to everyone who read the column.